Saturday 19 January 2008

2006 Dec 27th - Happy Christmas

Wednesday, December 27, 2006


Happy Christmas
Current mood: tired
Category: Life

Well tomorrow is computerised (axial) tomogrophy day for me! I get to lie down for a while at least, hope my belly doesn't rumble too loudly though apparently the scanner is pretty damn noisy anyway.

Christmas was alright as it goes, despite worrying about possibly feeling all maudlin I feel surprisingly chipper! Maybe it's because I've had my crying time and Tyson (as I've just christened it - meaning explosive or hight spirited according to a couple of websites and having fighting connections seemed apt) has been behaving himself lately, well sort of, in that I'm not living in the loo, but have been in a lot of discomfort.......couldn't sleep a couple of nights this week didn't seem to matter what position I lay in. Also managed to end up getting drunk on Christmas day and blubbing very briefly because I don't want my mum to end up looking after me. She's just retired and it's not fair, she looked after Jack for long enough and although she never complained, it took it out of her. It's her time now and I WON'T be a burden, mind you I'll still pop round for tea and lunch on a Saturday , she likes feeding people, honest! But then I don't want my little umpalumpa (you know who you are B) doing it either, though if the housework gets on top of me Who'm I Gonna Call?

Have managed to recruit two more volunteers to accompany me on hospital trips! I wasn't even trying, maybe I'm not such a whiny witch after all or maybe people see through my armour plating, damn, "note to self" must try harder to appear grumpy!

Starting four month secondment when I go back to work on 2nd Jan, a week before I get my diagnosis - well I bloody hope that's what I'll get I can't wait any longer, it'll have been four weeks and that's four too many. I won't find anything out tomorrow, just the scan, the results have to be studied and written up by a professional chappy and usually results take two weeks anyway but I'm guessing mine might be a bit quicker considering what they're looking for. "Hotspots" I believe they're referred to, and what is a hotspot not? That's right audience, NOT a goodspot.

Of course, this is all academic, the back pain that started two weeks before all this at the beginning of October may NOT be because of the pressure of Tyson leaning his fat ass against my spine, I might be feeling shit because I'm sitting around doing naff all, plus it's winter. Maybe I imagined the tiredness, or really it's gone now. Perhaps it's all psychosomatic? Obviously Tyson is real, I've seen his ugliness on the big screen, the blood and yak are real and my bloated belly ( no I'm not five months preggers actually) are defo real! Time is weird, half the time I think I'm imagining symptoms and then a doctor or hospital appointment just confirms something more and I think, no this is really happening.

Saying a little prayer that Tyson is an only child and hasn't got bits of him floating around looking for anywhere else to set up home. Cancer is a bastard isn't it? You should go to Macmillan website and read some of the blogs on We Talk About Cancer discussion forums. Young people getting "old people's" cancers, I defy you to read the stories and not cry, Neil is the best though he was 26 when he was diagnosed with bowel cancer and had his insides chopped about, beating the odds of getting it in the first place he's nearly there beating the disease. Apparently it's rare to get colorectal cancer under the age of 40. It takes 3 to 7 years for a polyp/tumour to grow to one centimetre. I'm guessing I've been growing this little "shit" for anything up to twenty maybe since I had the kids?

2007 is going to be different I feel. Hope yours is good different.

7:04 - 7 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

janey jane jane

I know i'm not LOCAL, but I can whip round with a hoover like a maniac! Anytime. xx

Posted by janey jane jane on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 09:03
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Cheers Jane! I'm considering this training for Karys, not sure how she'll feel about it - I'll just tell her she needs more practice at housework so she can make a really good wife one day PMSL. Cos we all know men stay with you if you know how to clean don't they? Maybe I'll start her on cleaning the toilets............

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 12:07
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Billy Bollockchops

It's really good to hear you're not feeling too bad at the mo. I did notice the lack of poo-stories recently but I just assumed that the novelty must've finally worn off.

Thanks for helping to keep my problems in perspective this year... And for laughing at the tales of the other women in my life and at some of my jokes. Thanks for the advice on women, and for not laughing when it all went wrong!!!

I'm not sure how often I'll be able to make it over to yours if you need a hand. You can guarantee I'll be there for your weekly bed-bath though.

Posted by Billy Bollockchops on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 11:55
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Problems? Oh sorry did you have a problem? Isn't it all about ME?

Tell you what if it's necessary I'll let you change my colostomy bag that'll be much quicker than a bed bath and very very important. I never noticed how big your nose was until I saw that picture.

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 12:15
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Billy Bollockchops

Sorryyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Yeah, I'll change it....for a hoover bag. That'll teach you to make fun of my nose! *sulks*

Posted by Billy Bollockchops on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 12:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Umpalumpa

I never did like that pigging horrible boxer, lets knock him out good and proper

Posted by Umpalumpa on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 18:38
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

So long as you keep your fists to yourself and are speaking metaphorically oof!

Maybe Chris Eubank would have been more appropriate, he's sthtewpid

No comments: