Saturday 19 January 2008

2007 Aug 30th - Kitten

Thursday, August 30, 2007


PMSL - this can only happen to me!
Category: Pets and Animals

Gretyl is no more........

Now before you start sobbing or calling the RSPCA, no I haven't done away with her, she is a HE!

Back to the drawing board on names.

Karys likes Neo or Lex - they're cool apparently.

I like Skittles cos he skits about the house when he's playing like a mad thing, but he's adorably friendly too, sitting on my tummy trying to pat my face earlier. He looked like he was trying to memorise my face, then climbed up onto one shoulder, around my neck and down the other side.

I also like:

Metaxa (yummy)

Piper (as in Heidseick - scrummy)

Gizmo, Zippy, Mylo, Dave, Merlin.

Other suggestions Spyro, Marvin and Pob (yeah you bighead - you KNOW it's a girl's name!), Morgan, Elric or Smirnoff (he has a V of white on his tummy which reminds me of Vodka..........)

Rang Karys, she is adamant she won't have anything to do with HER (haha) kitten unless he has a proper name. I reminded her I pay the vet bills, she's not bothered.

Alfie and kitten have now been introduced having both had all their jabs today (including feline leukaemia eek - don't mention the C word Miss Vet lady) and no sign of fleas (I saw one, had to wait two days to get the Frontline which thank god works in 24 hours - RIP fleas). Worm paste in weird syringey thing to be administered later.

Alfie - oh heck I'd better explain. Alfie is a female rabbit aged about 2 and a half. She's a lop cross but the kids nan thought she was a he (very hard to tell with baby bunnies). We found out about Alfie's sex a few months later when the vet rang a terried me at work to say there was a problem with Alfie's surgery to have his bits chopped off. I thought they'd killed my rabbit! No - the problem was there were no bits to lop off. The vet was very stroppy with me and thought I was a bit mad to want her speyed as it's risky with rabbits. I went ahead anyway because she was VERY hormonal and trying to eat our feet and ankles when she was out - she's a house rabbit.

In fact thinking back I had her done just before I had all four wisdom teeth out because the top two were growing forward like tusks and the back two were stuck under my jawbone (urgh they sawed bits of my jaw off to get at them). I had to put some magic stuff on her wound every day which she didn't like but she's now a very docile happy bunny and only attacks Karys' feet (I'm sure because they smell of cabbage).

She's been lolloping round the living room as usual doing the odd binky (that's a special bunny jump and twist they do when happy), whilst little kittennonameyet has been hiding in his little house, venturing out for the odd sniff and play with the humans and is now having a snooze.

We're having pizza!

17:52 - 10 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Umpalumpa

Steve likes the name Skittles (so do I), he said they had a cat called Dinky when he was younger; I like that too.

Posted by Umpalumpa on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 18:28
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Dorothy

I like the name Skittles too.

Posted by Dorothy on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 18:43
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Caroline

I think "Skittles" is a lovely name for such a cute kitten! Like Metaxa too tho - Greek brandy!

Posted by Caroline on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 21:16
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

I discovered Metaxa in Crete about 8 or 9 years ago, it's probably my favourite brandy. MMMMMMM! That or XO....

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 21:43
[Remove] [Reply to this]


GlitterGirl....

One of my current brace of cats is called Bollinger. My lady cat was supposed to be called Taittinger so they would match but after she spent 2 weeks living in the cavity walls of my old flat she same out stinking and covered in grots and became "smelly nelly" ! (I am a bad mother....) ;-)

My kitten-to-be is going to be a boy called either Prawn, Marmite or Benedict.... (I'm in a food phase!!)

My mate had 2 cats called Guinness and Mackeson - I'm loving the boozey cat names!

xxx

Posted by GlitterGirl.... on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 23:14
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Umpalumpa

Love the name Benedict too - ooooh i'm glad I don't have to decide - there are too many choices!

Posted by Umpalumpa on Friday, August 31, 2007 at 09:37
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Donna

Oops! I hope I haven't sexed them all wrong. I'm please she's a he tho - cos we were calling him Grandpa for a while because of his whiskers. I like Skittles, it suits the little fella x

Posted by Donna on Friday, August 31, 2007 at 11:38
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Hehe, I quite like Grandpa!!

I think Skittles might stick, he's a cheeky little imp and we lurve him

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Friday, August 31, 2007 at 15:07
[Remove] [Reply to this]


janey jane jane

I liked Dave! Or Colin or Reg or Derrick. Skittles is good too! Spoke to Aunty Moo today. xxx

Posted by janey jane jane on Sunday, September 02, 2007 at 21:15
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Ah well it's Skitlles my dear now! Yes I've spoken to her quite a bit in the last few days. Bless her!

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Sunday, September 02, 2007 at 21:47

No comments: