Saturday 19 January 2008

2007 Aug 5th - Good Friends and Family

Sunday, August 05, 2007


Friends and Family..........and robots in disguise......
Category: Life

Cor I actually forgot about nasty chemo this weekend! Reminded of it now as it's tomorrow morning (yummy) but with the super energy boost from the steroid injection I should be marching around like a duracell bunny in the afternoon so Kim and Aggie (aka Umpalumpa, aka Bex and the steroid improved version of myself) will be doing a final sweep of last minute cleaning in preparation for a few days in bed/on sofa.

Saturday afternoon my mate Pob came over - it was melting hot in the house so we sprawled on the new deck, shades on, arms over eyes to protect from blindness drinking squash and watching clouds. It soon became far too hot for that so instead I waved the shears at a bush Phoenix hadn't got round to and Pob did the blokey thing and finished it off. It was really too hot for all that and he's a bit taller than me so could reach the top.

Karys' boyfriend was over (the one with the beard.........he's 16 and just left school before college in September) so the five of us drove over (all windows open - I can't afford air con or central locking any more in favour of fuel economy) to meet Bex, my niece and nephew at the local cinema. There were about 20 people in screen 2! We spaced ourselves out - I had the very back centre seat with the aisle in front of me, lovebirds in a dark corner and two kids somewhere down near the front. By the time the trailers were over I was ready for the loo, but hung on.........despite my original thoughts it was an excellent film! I'd moaned about the choice but I've not been to the cinema in a year and longer since I took the kids and it's the holidays afterall! I got sent some money and also had a share dividend which covers three haircuts and the cinema with some to spare - free work shares rock!

We saw Transformers - certificate 12a but with some good lines for the adults until "mum what does masturbate mean?" from my nephew which made me laugh so much my eyes watered. I had cold water to drink (because the side effects have worn off and I COULD. I had a teeny tub of ice cream (because the side effects have worn off and I COULD!). It was total fantasy but the effects were amazing and when we got back into my poor little Kia we all hoped it had turned into Bumblebee and would drive itself home...........it didn't. .

Everyone met back at mine with bags full of bread rolls, ham, chicken, crisps, salad and pop. It was lovely to be able to sit outside on the deck, inside the conservatory on the sofa - kids upstairs out of the way with a lovely breeze coming through the house with good company. Technically it was the christening of the deck so I had a glass of cider to celebrate.......then realised I was supposed to be taking the bearded boyfriend home...........oops! That's yet another one I owe Becky...........cheers sis! Poor Pob, he gets a kid free weekend only to spend it with other peoples and do gardening AND chair cleaning, but he got to watch Transformers so I don't think it was ALL bad?

15:59 - 6 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Umpalumpa

It was a great film, and Luke has not mentioned the 'M' word again thankfully!!!

xxx

Posted by Umpalumpa on Sunday, August 05, 2007 at 23:14
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Thank heaven for that! If he says it when I'm around I think I might have a pelvic floor mishap!

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Sunday, August 05, 2007 at 23:23
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Bad Fish

I hope next time you keep a straight face and tell him it's self abuse of the worst kind and he'll either go blind, become a cretin or it'll fall off... (Baden Powell's words, not mine).

Posted by Bad Fish on Monday, August 06, 2007 at 17:33
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Nooooooo! I must tell him about the hairy palms, it's my Auntily duty!

Thing is he knows about lesbians and what they use......he knows the words and everything!!! Sharp cookies our kids, despite their fathers genes.

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Monday, August 06, 2007 at 17:39
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Umpalumpa

Just had flash back to what he said that afternoon (what they use) and I am cringing. That's sure something to tell his girlfriends when he is older hmmmmmm

Obviously they JUST have our genes lol

Posted by Umpalumpa on Monday, August 06, 2007 at 17:45
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Gawd, I nearly wet myself that day!

Oh - re Pob folks, I'm afraid there is no romance there, he is one of my best friends - we went out once, chemistry set had been left at home but he makes me laugh soooo much and has been such a good friend (as has Angela) helping out with things in the house and just NOT treating me like an invalid, just me. Who needs a boyfriend when you have such good friends? (Yeah OK I'd still secretly like one again, one day)

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Monday, August 06, 2007 at 17:56

No comments: