Saturday 19 January 2008

2007 Jan 20th - Bus Pass

20 Jan 2007

Bend Over

Bloke Doctor, I've got this terrible pain in my arse Doctor Drop your trousers and bend over. Hmm, it looks like you've got a lettuce leaf protruding from your sphincter. I'll pull it out. And there's another. And another. Bloke ARGHGHGHGH! The pain is excrutiating! Is there much more? Doctor

I'm sorry to tell you, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Bus Pass
Category: Life

Dear Diary,

It's been a week since my last entry............

Seemed like a busy weekend last weekend, over to mum's for lunch, K had her boyfriend over and I had Mike for adult back up and we ordered in pizza and had shandy! Yum! Between us (the adults that is) we managed to get the manky filthy green carpet up from the utility and sweep the floor in preparation for wooden laminate AND even stripped some paper off the ceiling! Woohoo. Got told off cos of Tyson and it did aggravate it, I managed to pull a muscle in my shoulder the day before so that didn't help either. Still I can't just sit here doing nothing can I?

Decided to try appealing against bus pass refusal. Apparently I should send my daughter who passed the 11+ to the local comprehensive school since I moved house. Duh! I DON'T THINK SO! Anyway after explaining that I have cancer, will not be up to driving for much longer, especially when I start chemo or radiotherapy and obviously not when I'm actually at or staying in the hopsital, I'm a single parent and we live two miles from the bus stop as it is they agreed to give me a concessionary one but on the grounds that I get a letter from my GP stating I will find driving difficult - ffs I've got a bloody tumour right up against my spine and it needs cutting out, major surgery is no breeze, won't be allowed to drive for 6 weeks after anyway! Still they sent one for the rest of the school year til July! Saves £8 a week at least. Also my pension scheme pays 50% of salary AND keeps up pension contributions while I'm off sick once I've passed the 3 months full pay, 3 months half pay period. Should get tax credits too and fingers crossed the critical illness will pay out, don't see why they shouldn't another few months or a year or so and I could have been terminal.

Work was good, had some minor IT issues, some data issues (didn't get quite a lot of it on time) but that just kept me busy so didn't mind at all. Got sucked into browsing through Monsoon sale rails..........Oh Angela! Came away with a cardigan, a top and a shirt for less than the full original price of the cardi, so I'd call that a result. Felt a teensy weensy bit guilty spending it on me, but well what else do I do for fun?

No comments: