Saturday 19 January 2008

2007 Jun 1st - New Op Date!

Friday, June 01, 2007


Oh my God, the hospital just rang..........
Category: Life

EEEEK! Sally the stoma nurse just rang and they have a space in theatre on 6th - next Wednesday, so can I come in on Tuesday 5th? Hell, why not, let's get it over and done with. My poor mum is not going to be best pleased that I had it without her but she won't have the worry about me during op time, she'll still be chilled out from her hols, and lets face it she deserved it! My head is fizzing now with all the things I need to do before I go in, lists of people I'd like to be contacted to say it's all gone well and when they can visit etc.

Oh crap and there's the housework and Karys's uniform for school and my suitcase to pack.........bloody hell. Oh and the weeding. Actually three days is plenty......don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

Apart from mum being out of the country (mum I'm really sorry, but I couldn't say no) I'm going to miss meeting up with all my Bum Bandit friends. I didn't think about that at the time of the phone call, obviously, but I'll just have to arrange something else post op - I'll have more to whinge about and can compare notes with the other stoma people, it'll be fine.

I feel like I'm on drugs, my head is all whizzy and I don't quite know what to do next, I've had a shower, had another hot drink, typing is helping keep my hands busy!

Right, anyway - I'll be asking little sis to post to let you know I've made it through the op - (I'd bloody better, mum will never forgive me otherwise)!

12:29 - 4 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Caroline

Hi Lisa - that's good news that your op has been brought forward - its best to get it out of the way sooner rather than later! Yipes - I know what your going through with so much you will want to get done before going in next Tuesday.

Don't worry too much about weeding garden - just focus on the other things - oh my the way - something for your list of things to take into hosp with you - anti bacterial wipes - you may well want to use these in the toilets/shower/bathroom on the ward. I certainly used these cos some patients don't always leave toilets too clean!!! LOL

You will be fine - I know that's easy for me to say, but you will be - its going to take time to recover, but just take it all a day at a time my friend.

love Caz xx

P.S. Don't worry about the BBC event - us bum bandits can arrange a get together at a later date.

Posted by Caroline on Friday, June 01, 2007 at 13:48
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Umpalumpa

Deep breaths sweetie.................X

If it would help I can do the housework, uniforms and anything else to help this weekend, and my lovely boss has said I am free to take you to hospital on Tuesday, no matter what time. (He said to send his best wishes too)

Karys's bed is ready, and I will water plants etc at your place on way to pick kids up from school - almost on my way anyway!.

If there are any last minute bits of shopping - I am going into town sometime this weekend anyway so can do any errands for you while there.

Basically - please let me help if I can at all in any way - I know Mum is away but I will do anything I possibly can to make this easier for you.

Beckie xxxxx

Posted by Umpalumpa on Friday, June 01, 2007 at 15:21
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Peter

Go for it!

Get stuck in and get it out of the way. We'll all miss you next Friday and will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

Please do get "little Sis" to keep us up to date.

Peter
XXXX

Posted by Peter on Friday, June 01, 2007 at 18:04
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Deborah

GO Lisa Go Lisa Go
(you have to imagine i'm doing that little dance, wiggling my butt and looking like i'm stirring some cake mix or something ...hmm...chocolate....)
Will miss you lots on Friday, but you are right to get stuck in.
You will be fine, and with your wonderful sis to look after you you are in good hands. (Beckie, can i borrow you!)

One piece of advice - take ALL the pain relief they give you, even if you dont feel like you need it.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted by Deborah on Sunday, June 03, 2007 at 11:41

No comments: