Saturday 19 January 2008

2007 May 15th - Cancer Card - ACCEPTED!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007


Cancer Card - ACCEPTED!
Category: Life

Having been awake until gone 3am then waking again to wonder why a car had it's headlights shining on full beam outside my window..............oh it was dawn, the birds were twittering ........ I woke again at 11am so figured I should get up.

There on the doormat was a brown window envelope with telltale "I'm from a big company who have their own franking machine" frank marks on it. On closer inspection it had DVLA Peterborough's address on it. Oh no! I stuck the kettle on (filtered water, to rid it of as many toxins as possible - keeps the kettle scale free too) and sat down to open it.

Firstly I was thanked for my letter and informed my comments had been "noted".

Then came a paragraph telling me about the legislation and a penalty of £80, however.....in view of the contents of my letter the case has been CLOSED and no further action will be taken - so £80 saved so far...........what about the £1000 fine?

Not only that but the notice placed on my vehicle was recorded on the enforcement record - this case has also been CLOSED.

And EXHALE!

Apparently my initial purchase of 12 months tax will be returned to DVLA (well I wonder about that, surely that depends on the new owner, and he was a little odd). Then I have to contact DVLA to say it's not arrived, wait for a bit and then collect the disc from Peterborough (I'm sure someone from work can do that for me).

To celebrate I had some gluten free bread (rice potato and soya flour) for a treat - two slices toasted, with one scrambled egg and smoked salmon! Yummy!

All I have to do now is get the refund sorted out as I bought 12 months online then realised it would go to my old address then I bought another 6 month disc on Saturday so I am now legal - sent off change off address forms AGAIN and have an actual disc in the car!

RESULT!

Cancer Card.........accepted!

19:51 - 4 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Umpalumpa

Yay!!!!!!!

Thank goodness for that.

(Glad you exhaled, was just about to send "I only brush my teeth once a year-Naomi" round to practise her St John Ambulance First Aid skills).

hee hee x

Posted by Umpalumpa on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 13:08
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Caroline

Well done Lisa - you must be feeling on top of the moon! A terrific result.

What's this cancer card - never heard of it!!!

Posted by Caroline on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 13:13
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Dorothy

Yipee!!!! There is a little justice and humanity in the world after all!!!

Posted by Dorothy on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 17:45
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Ah sorry for the confusion, the cancer card is entirely ficticious it's more an expression - "playing the cancer card" but in Cancer Vixen (great book - pressie from my friend/boss just after diagnosis) it's given a real substance as if it's actually a credit card which you can "pay" for things. Basically if you don't want to do something for whatever reason, you can play the cancer card - because let's face it there are enough times when pain, tiredness, depression and just not feeling like it happens.

It's sort of an in joke now - I've told my mum and sister they can play the cancer card by proxy, if they need to get out of anything they can just say "oh I'm sorry Lisa needs me that day........etc". Thing is every time it's used has been genuine, but I don't like to be too serious

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 19:27

No comments: