Saturday 19 January 2008

2007 May 19th- Gardening

Saturday, May 19, 2007


Green, green grass of Holme.
Category: Life

Thursday was rubbish, I had a headache all day, felt crappy and miserable - so I stayed in bed ALL day until 7pm when I got up to watch TV. Threw some food together, scraped a bit more paint and paper from the living room ceiling and that was about it.

Luckily the sun was shining today AT LAST so after lunch I got out to finish digging up part of the lawn for the deck area, I had a square yard left but it's just been too wet to dig for the last few days.

Alex came round to measure up for materials and it should all come to £300 so it's just labour (I'm the free help).

Mowed the grass too (see pic) which is looking particularly lush from all the rain lately so I'm not complaining!

Fortunately you can't quite see all the buttercups and dandelions that are also lush and green...............

I've added a few more photos of pretty things, just for fun - they probably won't show for a few days Myspace have to make sure they're not photos of naked men or something.........as if!

4:15 - 3 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Caroline

Wow Lisa - your garden is looking good and well done you doing all that digging - best to do now tho as you won't be able too post op - have to be so careful after surgery!

I am so envious of your garden - me I have a concrete communal balcony, but that's all Central London has to offer except for the local parks! LOL

Take it easy my friend and try not to do too much - you have a lot going on at the moment with gardening and decorating!

Let's hope that we get back some of that sunny weather we had last month pretty soon!

love Caz x

Posted by Caroline on Friday, May 18, 2007 at 22:20
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Deborah

i'm impressed, our garden is the size of a postage stamp!

Posted by Deborah on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 20:06
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Well ladies, my nearest pub, shop, cashpoint etc is 2 miles away and there are no pavements. I have no mains sewage and no gas (oil CH) and the average pay here is about £5-7K a year less than where I work 35 miles away - but on balance I love it here and am soooo glad I moved! It's going to be easier to recuperate here than a victorian terrace with a back yard and 20 neighbours in the house next door coming and going all hours playing crappy europop at all hours through paper thin walls.

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Monday, May 21, 2007 at 20:15

No comments: