Saturday 19 January 2008

2007 May 4th - Caught by the Fuzz!

Friday, May 04, 2007


Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn
Category: Life

Went out last night, with Angela - to a pub, wait no, TWO pubs. I even had a glass of red wine. Never again with the alcohol. One glass, I had hiccups all the way home, was uncomfortable for over an hour and wanted to be sick.

Apart from that it was great - girly gossip, loud laughing in fairly empty pubs on a Thursday night - minimal smoke. I had to openly lie and pretend everything was fine to casual friends of Angela's because some people just DON'T need to know - for one it adds to the list of "how's Lisa" from people who aren't actually interested but it's social habit.

Anyway that was marred by the fact that when I got back to my car (I had three glasses of still water with that small glass of wine) there was a Police Warning Notice on it - my road tax expired on 31st December 2006. Bo***cks. I don't remember buying a tax disc in the last four months, at the time it was due I was having a CT scan and waiting to find out if I had cancer - which I do! I know I was late getting the MOT - which was on 14th Feb, the same day I had my PICC line put in - can I remember where the hell I put the MOT certificate - NO! Can I find said MOT certificate, NO - just three expired ones . I haven't even tried to find the insurance certificate, god knows where that is, my filing system kinda went to pot for a few months - too concerned with "staying alive" I guess. Plus I NEVER had a reminder notice to this address, no doubt it went to the old house despite the fact that I changed everything else, even my driving licence has my new address on it.

The maximum fine is £1000 - do you think they accept Cancer Cards?

I am now going to strip wallpaper and paint in an aggressive manner from the living room ceiling..........

20:13 - 7 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Dorothy

Oh NO!!! Does somebody up there have a downer on this family?

If you can't find MOT cert, ring Graham with your details and ask if they can do a copy and I'll pick it up for you. DO use the cancer card. Explain ALL to the Police and we'll all pray for leniency!! If your driving licence has the new address on it the DVLA have no excuse for not having contacted you there. One would have thought with their "no-one gets away without paying" threats they would have organised a visit from the Constabulary before now - so much for their infalible computerised records!!

Posted by Dorothy on Friday, May 04, 2007 at 16:09
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Yes quite!

There's no details of who to contact or anything, just to say to get a valid licence - advice from Post Office. Urgh I now know I couldn't go back to work, the thought of doing anything official fills me with dread. Am psyching myself up to make a phone call of some sort. Amazed the C I D didn't pick it up when he paid me a visit - oh that's right he was FAR too important for anything like that and uniform don't come down my little road.

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Friday, May 04, 2007 at 16:28
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Dorothy

Would you like one of mother's letters?? Not the aggressive variety, something more along the lines of pleading your case?

Have had my go at "TheGovernment" so am quite calm enough to compose suitable missive!! Have you read my latest blogs?

xxxxxx

Posted by Dorothy on Friday, May 04, 2007 at 16:38
[Remove] [Reply to this]


GlitterGirl....

Hey Lisa

Slightly off topic but I expect the police to be lenient if you play the cancer card....I managed to avoid three points, a fine and (ahem) "remedial traffic school" after writing my car off in an accident(my fault) just before diagnosis. It turned out that the woman at the school had bowel cancer 12 years ago and phones every now and again to see how I am. She recommended to the police that they take no further action and they didn't - local constabulary actually wrote to me wishing me luck with treatment!!

You'll be fine. Another police visit for me tomorrow - random builder stole my passport - have to explain why not reported for months (so will be flashing the cancer card no end!!)

Take care lovely. Really glad you're coming on 8 June and hope you're still up for 21!!

Katie xoxox

Posted by GlitterGirl.... on Friday, May 04, 2007 at 18:22
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Caroline

Shucks Lisa - that's all you need, but yes play the cancer card - I'm sure it will sort itself out. Don't let it get you down! Good Luck with sorting it all out and don't go too overboard with decorating!!!

Take care my friend.

Posted by Caroline on Friday, May 04, 2007 at 22:51
[Remove] [Reply to this]


janey jane jane

Do this myself every 6 MONTHS believe it or not. Always put the insurance and mot and stuff in my safe place. But I'll be buggered if I can ever find it. No worries about MOT its all computerised so you can get a print out done again. If you had the official reminder you can do it at post office without MOT as its all computerised now. I changed my license to new address but the tax disc still went to old house. Chin up.

Posted by janey jane jane on Monday, May 07, 2007 at 22:24
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

A well I did change my car details with DVLA at the same time I changed my licence address so I know I did it - remember posting two envelopes. Never got a reminder so can't use that, can't find reg docs so will need a copy of those which takes a week at least to tax it AND backdate it. Trauma!!!

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Monday, May 07, 2007 at 22:31

No comments: