Saturday 19 January 2008

2007 Sep 20th - Staphylococcus Aureus

Thursday, September 20, 2007


Staphylococcus aureus
Category: Life

Well they grew my bugs, we had a little nosey on the pc in the chemo suite when I went to get my line flushed and more dried greeny yellow goop cleaned off.

Just common old garden staph, fortunately it wasn't the Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Goodo!

Staphylococcus aureus (literally "Golden Cluster Seed")is the most common cause of staph infections, is a spherical bacterium, frequently living on the skin or in the nose of a person, that can cause a range of illnesses from minor skin infections, such as pimples, impetigo, boils, cellulitis and abscesses, to life-threatening diseases, such as pneumonia, meningitis, endocarditis, Toxic shock syndrome (TSS), and septicemia.

Luckily the Lone Ranger knows his stuff and prescribed the right type of antibiotic, ie flucloxacillin which staph is sensitive to.

There is no more goop coming out but it's still a little inflamed/red and lumpy. Fingers crossed for blood tests tomorrow. Even if I don't get chemo I'd like the little soldiers to at least have gone up a bit!

17:29 - 6 Comments - 4 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

janey jane jane

I think I'm allergic to that one...something about penicillin and me turning into a blob of itchiness and swellings. lol

Posted by janey jane jane on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 11:59
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Right well don't have chemo then - or ever be in a position to need it. EVER. Which goes for everyone reading this! I can cope being a patient but I'll fall to bits if anyone I care about gets sick.

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 16:43
[Remove] [Reply to this]


carol

EEEUUUUUWWW! to dried greeny yellow goop

I've got everything crossed for you

x

Posted by carol on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 11:59
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

:o)

I like to share...........

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 16:42
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Umpalumpa

Am going to keep fingers/legs/arms/eyes crossed for better results this week x

P.S. My toad in the hole is doing somersaults round my tummy now!!

Posted by Umpalumpa on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 11:59
[Remove] [Reply to this]


Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala

Hmpf, you should have crossed your eyes MORE. Lol!

Posted by Lisa Left Eye Loopylalalalala on Friday, September 21, 2007 at 16:42

No comments: